Friday, February 11, 2011

New Location and Brew

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this. With the move and winter and new house and all, it's been busy. SO the new house in Spencer is setup for the most part, with the brewery built into the garage now. All fancy, much easier to brew than at the shed in Milford.

The first brew at the new place was a success as well. It was a DIPA cleaning out some old hops. Theoretical 120 IBUs, SG of 1.068 and abv of 7.6%. The hops were continuously hopped every 5 minutes, spreading it out, with a 2oz dry hop of Simcoe in the keg. I don't have the recipe in front of me, so if I remember later I'll update teh hop schedule. It was brewed on Jan 15th, and kegged on Feb 5th to be on tap for the super bowl. It has a really nice taste, the hops and bitterness build, but are not too much, and a nice malty backbone with a decent balance. A really nice beer.

So more updates to come hopefully. I think I'll start trying to brew more often. Next up will probably be my first attempt at a sour/lambic style, when I have a weekend to do it. I'll sour the mash, and add some fresh fruits to the fermenter with some lacto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.