Friday, June 12, 2009

Angry Ogre Battles Warrior tasting

Its been close to a week since I bottled it so I decided to crack one, and here are my notes:

Ogre vs Warrior, 1 week, large head - finger and a half after only 1 week in bottle, semi dark amber brown color with lots of particulate, nose of centennial hops (dry hopped with it), and some sweet malt its def apparent that its an imperial IPA, taste is a little creamy and some caramel with a touch of sweet/tangy, has some strange flavors (ill have to pick out what those flavors are), very bitter and some good malt base, but I should add more malts next time. I can taste a little alcohol as well, it had 6% before the bottle fermentation but seems higher now. Its a great beer. Need to save many of these as it seems to be a really good beer and would age really well.

The cara/pils added a nice head retention, the strange flavor may be the special roast or irish moss that i added at secondary instead of boil since I forgot, the special B added that light brown sugar/caramel on the nose and slightly on the taste. Finishes a little dry but very VERY hoppy! I can't wait till you guys try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.