Monday, June 22, 2009

Jamaica Me Crazy Nut Brown = brew #3

I guess technically this was brew #2, but it was an experiment to test out some new eqp. and it was a solo project. This beer was a nut brown ale that had brown sugar, which I attempted to model after the coffee from Lala Java. I actually added a batch of the coffee right to the secondary this weekend.

Yesterday I moved it to the secondary, and it was very clear, which is a good sign. My SG was 1.068, projected at 1.070, so it started pretty good. Projected finish is 1.017 to stay a little sweet, and I measured as I was going into the secondary and got 1.014 so I'm already there. That gives it about 7% alc too, and might be a little dryer than expected. I think this will be a really interesting beer when its finished. I'll let it sit in secondary for a few more days and then bottle half for aging and keg the rest I think. It has an SRM of 19.5 with IBU of 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.