Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pliny the Elder Clone

Bottled/kegged the Pliny clone. Pete took his half in bottle form, so I was able to brush up on the bottling technique. I kegged my half. It finished with a FG of 1.016 giving it a slight sweetness as Pliny typically has, and 9% alcohol. Russian River claims they started at 1.071OG and 8% abv, so I'm not too far off. The original recipe was designed by Tasty McDole from the Brewing Network, but I had to tweak it a bit to equal the hops I currently had. Either way without carbonation it tasted amazing!

Next brew probably in a month or so and will probably be the last one of the winter. Planning on a Westy 12/St Bernardus 12 clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.