Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brew #11 - Pollenized Belgian Pale

So last Saturday was the first brew of the new year. A few minor issues to start, like broken hose, lost razor, gunked up tubes, etc. However, nothing major so we were able to brew. The brew itself went pretty well with thanks to Evan. The taste of the grains were completely unsweet, but I still missed my target OG, which should have been 1.052 but was actually 1.042. I did mash a little high, but lowered it halfway through. I'm still leaning towards the grain crush, and I'll be getting a crusher soon so that should solve that issue, or at least eliminate that as a possibility for low yield. I added a little over 1 lb of sugar to the primary, so that should help take care of it and bring it up to 1.051 or so. It's fermenting well for now. More info on the brew to follow, and another one coming up in the next couple weeks hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.