Friday, May 7, 2010

National Homebrew Day, Brew #12

So National Homebrew Day was last Saturday, and it included a brew on site day at Strange Brew in Marlborough. I re-brewed the Jamaica Me Crazy Coffee Nut Brown. A couple minor issues occurred, first the stainless ball valve on the mash tun somehow cracked... so I duct-taped it for the time being and caught all the leaky wort and I'll have to replace that before the next brew session. Next the digital thermometer on the same mash tun ran out of battery, so I had to use the manual temp measurement. At the end we brewed a good beer though. It got to 1.065 OG which is pretty good for our shot at 1.070. It's fermenting away now. I'll cold infuse the coffee into the secondary again and bottle condition it. Once done I'll drop a few bottles off at Strange Brew.

I also had some help thanks to Chris Haskell. I'll give him a 6-pack or something of the finished beer too. Next up, bringing the rig to the South Shore Brew Club club brew-off, which we are all sharing the load to brew a 55gal batch of a Kate the Great clone and throw in a commercial 55gal bourbon barrel. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your comments. Before commenting think about what you are saying.